Reading JC Hutchins blog post on Multimedia and Storytelling and it got me wondering if multimedia is the future of storytelling. In a nutshell the blog post talks about linking audio, photography/graphics, and even interactive websites with your story. Loads of ideas there so go read the original post, but the ones that caught my eye:
- Blog post or free online voicemail from one of your characters.
- Audio version of short stories (lord knows if I have the voice for it)
- Graphic/comic book ‘scenes’ from the story (I don’t have the talent by my kid does.. might rope her into this one)
- Scene reenactments w/ Lego characters (Face of the Enemy could be done this way 🙂
- Scene reenactments w/ Barbies 🙂 ( that goes for Lavender Secrets…)
It all reminds me of how the LOST TV show had fake commercials, fake websites, hidden easter eggs in their episodes etc. Made for a lot of fun (though a lot of extra work too!)